Power up!

Today I managed to get all the power feeds installed via the TOTI units along with the servos for the point controls.
To install the servos I used the FCU to set the servo to the mid position, jammed the point switch blades to the mid position then screwed the servo mount down. It was then fairly easy to set the servo movement limits using the FCU again. The fiddly bit was setting the position of the microswitches on the servo mounts. The microswitches are used to control the polarity of the switch blades as the point changes position. It’s worth the trouble of fitting them as it helps to prevent electrical continuity problems if the swtich blades don’t make good contact with the stock rails.
The TOTIs worked perfectly and were feeding back track occupancy information to the JMRI control system.
It all seems to be working OK and a test run went OK.

Leave a Reply